—Written on January 15, 2016—
A greeting. A prayer. A reminder.
I’ve been soaking up some Ephesians 1. I present you a little scratch off that surface—just a simple list of what this passage says about me (and you).
- I am blessed with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places. (Every? Yes. Every.)
- I was chosen by God in Christ before the foundation of the world. I was chosen for a purpose: that I would be holy and blameless before God, to the praise of His glory.
- I was predestined for adoption—to the praise of His glorious grace.
- I have redemption and forgiveness of my trespasses.
- I know the mystery of His will, His plan of redemption—I am privy to what God has done, is doing, and will do in the world.
- I have an inheritance.
- I am sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, who is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it, to the praise of His glory.
- I am blessed with His grace—He has even “lavished” it upon me.